- What is Whey Protein?
- Whey Protein Concentrate
- Whey Protein Isolate
- Which One is Better?
- Whey protein is a type of protein supplement derived from milk that is a complete protein
- Whey protein concentrate is made by filtering whey from milk and drying it, with the end product containing about 70-80% protein
- Whey protein concentrate is cheaper than whey protein isolate and contains immune-boosting properties
- Whey protein isolate undergoes further processing to remove almost all fat and carbohydrates, with the end product containing about 90-95% protein
- Whey protein isolate is more expensive than whey protein concentrate, but it is a better option for people who are lactose intolerant or trying to lose weight
- Ultimately, the choice between whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate depends on individual fitness goals and dietary requirements
- Consult a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement
Are you someone who’s just started working out and has been advised to take protein supplements? Or are you someone who’s been working out for a while and is looking to switch to a better protein supplement? If so, you might have come across two types of whey protein – whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate. In this blog, we’ll discuss the differences between these two and which one is better.
What is Whey Protein?
Whey protein is a type of protein supplement that is derived from milk. It is a complete protein as it contains all nine essential amino acids that the body needs. Whey protein is popular among bodybuilders and athletes as it helps in muscle growth and repair.
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey protein concentrate is a type of whey protein that is made by filtering the whey from milk and then drying it. The end product contains about 70-80% protein, with the remaining 20-30% being a combination of fat and carbohydrates.
Whey protein concentrate is cheaper compared to whey protein isolate, which is one of the reasons why it is popular among fitness enthusiasts. It also contains more bioactive compounds, such as lactoferrin and immunoglobulins, which have immune-boosting properties.
Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate, on the other hand, is a type of whey protein that undergoes further processing to remove almost all the fat and carbohydrates. The end product contains about 90-95% protein, making it a more pure form of whey protein.
Whey protein isolate is more expensive compared to whey protein concentrate, but it is also a better option for people who are lactose intolerant as it contains less lactose. It is also a better option for people who are trying to lose weight as it contains fewer calories.
Which One is Better?
Both whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate have their own pros and cons. It ultimately depends on your fitness goals and dietary requirements.
If you’re looking for a protein supplement that is affordable and contains immune-boosting properties, whey protein concentrate is a good option. On the other hand, if you’re lactose intolerant or trying to lose weight, whey protein isolate is a better option.
In conclusion, both whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate are excellent sources of protein that can help you achieve your fitness goals. Choose the one that suits your needs the best and make sure to consult a healthcare professional before starting any new supplement.